Aug 10, 2015

Epic Challenge pt 2

I am five days away from my Epic Challenge and support for my task has been overwhelming. When I initially posted the event, there was an immediate response from my friends. Many said I was nuts to attempt something so outrageous. Others applauded my determination and pledged their aid to my cause. Because I appreciate those who have said they will crawl with me, I have decided to reward them with fun activities (besides imbibing) along the way. Those who come along with me have opportunities to earn Reputation, honor, and rewards. That being said, I want to make sure everyone who participates is ready and fully prepared to do so. Here is a list of some items you will need as well as some things to think about.

Necessary Items

  • MBTA Charlie Card - You can't get anywhere without a "ship." This is your means of travel. I suggest a Day Pass since it will cover you for the duration of the event and is fairly priced.
  • A valid form of Identification - Make sure you are able to play. Don't be the person who can't get in; that's just lame.
  • Funds - Call it cash, money, glimmer, whatever, you'll need to bring some along. Most places will accept credit/debit cards, but there are a few that do not. Plan accordingly.
Recommended Items
  • Restorative Drinks - There will be some basic supplies on hand, but it will be a good idea to carry something that will replenish electrolytes. It's a long day; you don't want to tap out early.
  • Comfy Shoes - There will be some walking involved.
  • An Open Mind - The Event will ask much of you. Prepare yourself to rise to the challenge. 
I am close enough now to see the Challenge unfolding in front of me and those who stand with me. I will share more details and advice as the days advance. I'm looking forward to sharing all that transpires this Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment