Nov 4, 2009

Falling Behind Already

Well, one could say that this experiment was a failure. It's only been four days and I've already missed a day. While the initial idea was to write and entry every day of the month, I think if I end up with 30 entries in the month of November that is a win.

The reason behind my ball dropping is simple enough, I was doing school work and that has a level of priority over all else. In the past 72 hours I've had a presentation due in one class, an audio assignment due in another, a day of work plus my responsibilities at my internship. Throw on top of all that a developing cold, which I think I may have gotten from my flu vaccination, and it stands to reason why a blog entry might go undone. But let me not paint myself untruthfully. I did procrastinate. I should have done my reading for the presentation earlier, so that I would not have had to stay up all night reading it and trying to understand what it said.

I made a promise to myself that I would be more responsible academically as a grad student. Until two days ago, I felt comfortable saying that I was maintaining that goal. Now, not so much. I am, however, determined to get everything done and do it well. If that means less time hanging out then so be it. It's time to prove to myself that I can delay gratification long enough to at least get my work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment