Oct 31, 2011

Story Time pt. 6

[What you need to know... First. Second. Third. Fourth. Fifth.] 

My head really hurts. The pills have long since stopped working but I'm afraid to go to the doctor because of what he might say to me. This whole week is going poorly but today it took a turn for the worst. I came back to my dorm room after turning in a paper to find a message on the answering machine. Nothing odd about that except that the message was from the Dean of Students and it was telling me that I needed to come in to her office at nine in the morning tomorrow to discuss something of importance. She ended the message by saying the meeting superseded everything else including a final. Now, I've never had to go see the Dean of Students before so getting a message of this nature was a bit shocking. I listened to the message three times on the pretense that one of my friends had called and was playing a really sick joke on me, but that was not the case.

My roommate came in about an hour later and would hardly look at me, much less speak to me. He definitely seems scared of me. I asked him what was up but he only gave me monosyllabic answers and avoided me as much as possible. I told him about the phone message and that seemed to make him happy. He said, " really?" It was the longest response I got out of him all night. Around six he got up and left the room. He didn't say anything about coming back or where he was going. I thought that was odd but I didn't really care. I turned on the TV to distract me from the meeting tomorrow but it didn't help. As I flipped through the channels, I caught a news update in the middle of a breaking story about my school. Apparently a female student had been attacked recently and some people were concerned about the welfare of the students. The student was an attractive black girl named Victoria who lived on campus.

They showed a picture of her in a slinky black dress, and then the news did a live segment with Victoria from her hospital bed. They talked to her about the attack. Victoria was the girl from my dream. In the live segment, Victoria sat up in her hospital bed with two black eyes and a bandage patched over the bridge of her nose. She still had bruises on her cheeks and chin and mouth was a mess of gauze but she spoke about being attacked in her dorm room and how she tried to fend him off by scratching his neck and shoulders. At the end of the piece, the reporter talked about how Victoria was a close friend of the victim who was found in the main dining hall. Then they showed a police sketch of the person they were looking for in connection with the crimes. It looked a lot like me. That's when my head started to hurt.

I turned off the TV and went to get some Advil, but felt paralyzed. I slouched into the couch, thinking about all the hallucinations and how they all seemed so odd. I thought back to the night in the dining hall. I remembered seeing a girl in a "Hello Kitty" t-shirt. I had hit on her but she had blown me off. I had seen her later that night with that black girl, Victoria, Victoria had gone into the convenience store in the building while the girl waited outside. I had grabbed her and dragged her up the back stairway to the track level. She had tried to crawl away but I caught her and started to push her over the railing. I touched my shoulders where she had dug her fingers into me. She was small so I had no trouble pushing her over the railing until she fell. I watched her hit her head on the table then I walked away, locked all the doors and when back to my office.

I shook my head. I killed that girl. I kept thinking back. Fifteen minutes later, Victoria, had come by my office and asked if I'd seen her friend in the "Hello Kitty" t-shirt. I told her that I hadn't. Victoria didn't believe me. "She was just in here, she had to leave through this door, you must have seen her." She argued. She had asked me to let her up to the track area so she could look around. I had lied and told her I didn't have keys to that area. "Well call someone who does, I'll wait." Victoria responded. She was being obstinate and I was getting frustrated. I had asked her where she lived so that if I did see her friend I could contact her. She told me which dorm, the one with bay windows.

A week later, when I saw the article in the newspaper, I knew I had to speak to Victoria. The student who wrote story had talked to Victoria about her deceased friend. I went to visit Victoria  in case she thought I had killed her friend. I had intended to kill her too, but someone stopped me. Her roommate had come home so I had put Victoria in her bed and left. The roommate must have seen me leaving and then found Victoria all beat up. They go to the hospital, get a sketch drawn, now the Dean of Students wants to see me and the police are looking for me.

I didn't mean to kill that girl, I just wanted to scare her, but she fell. With Victoria, I had to cover my tracks. they found my skin under the nails of Victoria's friend. Things are starting to make sense now, why my roommate has been avoiding me and all these hallucinations. I'm scared and I don't know what to do. I'm sorry for what I did but there is no way to back and undo it. I should have never gone into the elevator room when I heard those odd noises the first time, but feels like it happened so long ago.

On my way up to my room, I noticed the roof access door was open. Maybe I'll take a trip up there. It's a long way down.

No comments:

Post a Comment